Author Topic: XRRA AND RROCK  (Read 2586 times)

XRRA AND RROCK
« on: 07/14/08, 09:06AM »

Offline Ballzout Motorsports

• Ranch Local
  • Houston we have lift off
    • Ballzout Motorsports
Well we just got back from the XRRA and RROCK event in Hannibal.  We had a ball.  Got there Friday evening to hook up with Team Lucky DOg and got to spot for Levi Driving the King of the Hammers Rig for the XRRA.  Man that rig is fast and nimble.  The courses were nuts with 2 story drops and inclines.  The compatition was fierce and times were tight all day.  We ran 4 courses to qualify and then the top six run 2 more.  Levi kept his cool and ran good clean steady courses to pull off a win against some of the best drivers from across the nation.  Youngest person to win an XRRA event and in a borrowed rig at that.  From a spotters point of view there not much to do but run from one spot to another for aiming purposes but it was still an experience of a lifetime for me.  Thanks to Team Lucky Dog for letting us be part of this history making event. 

Sunday we didn't fair so well.  We were almost not allowed to run my tj due to some tech issue's but after assuring the judges that we would stay off the bounus lines they let us play.  We dropped in on the first course and the rig was back to its old self of articulating and planting tires to the ground. As we are climbing out of the first course the rear ring and pinion blow and its all over.  Guess the ring and pinion had had enough abuse from the MOROC racing this year because it blew pretty much on flat ground and it was loose.  Oh well thats racing but Saturday sure made up for anything that could have happened on Sunday. 

See all yall at the Ranch for MOROC 5 and the FInals of MOROC I hear. 
2009 sponsors:
Brown Dog Industries
Corbeau
S&S Auto
Clayton Offroad
Staun
Edmonds Dental Prosthetics
Kching
Indian Ridge Resort
Ballzout Lifstyle
John's 4x4
 THe bigger the rubber the deeper you can go.

Re: XRRA AND RROCK
« Reply #1 on: 07/15/08, 09:17AM »

Offline wilderness4x4

• Ranch Rocker
  • Ranch Local
Thats awesome Louie.I am fortune enough to know how it feels,I have had simular experineces with NHRA and Nascar teams.Keep it up and you will at the top some day.
I just hope I am there to cheer for you when you win.See you at the Ranch
                          Phil ;)
If your not on the edge your taking up to much space.

Re: XRRA AND RROCK
« Reply #2 on: 07/15/08, 11:20AM »

Offline Ballzout Motorsports

• Ranch Local
  • Houston we have lift off
    • Ballzout Motorsports
here's the link to all his runs and him gettin the award.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px2A9IeKnpQ

Yes it was fun being part of this.  Hopefully we will be able to play in that arena real soon. Had a call about it this morning in fact so we may be there next year. 
2009 sponsors:
Brown Dog Industries
Corbeau
S&S Auto
Clayton Offroad
Staun
Edmonds Dental Prosthetics
Kching
Indian Ridge Resort
Ballzout Lifstyle
John's 4x4
 THe bigger the rubber the deeper you can go.