Author Topic: U joint question  (Read 3892 times)

U joint question
« on: 05/04/09, 09:42PM »

Offline Hilltop

• Ranch Local
i was wondering if someone tell me about some good strong ujoints that can stand about 600 horse and not break me to bad 

Re: U joint question
« Reply #1 on: 05/05/09, 11:01AM »

Offline LoneWolf

• Clinging to guns and religion
  • Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
  • The Ruby Lee
CTM talks a big talk.

http://jeep.off-road.com/jeep/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=259379

I have no experience with them though. The free replacement if you break one is a bonus. You might want to research them.
:USA:

« Reply #2 on: 05/06/09, 12:32AM »

Offline willysman22

• Ranch Local
Ox brand makes some as well,but I have no experience with them.I am asssuming it is your axle knuckle joints for a dana 60.If it is your drive shafts,then a 1410 or 1450(?)series should work,as long as your driveshaft and yoke are that size.I have had weak and flabby engines that couldn't snap a pencil,so I have little to offer in that department. ;D  ::)
80' short-bed Toyota, Lexus V8, yota' stuff
09' Suzuki Kingquad 750AXI
48'Willys CJ2A
18' Jeep JLU Sport HT

« Reply #3 on: 05/06/09, 05:30AM »

Offline 91YEEPER

• Ranch Local
  • breaker downer
alittle more info on the application would be helpful. how do you drive?

« Reply #4 on: 05/07/09, 07:22AM »

Offline 91YEEPER

• Ranch Local
  • breaker downer
get a set of long super joints, then have the cross shafts cryo'd. i hope its a HP 44, what gears you running? have you ran this setup before? i ha d trouble making a D44 last under a YJ with a 4.7 and 35's.

« Reply #5 on: 05/12/09, 03:21AM »

Offline Mean Gene

• Ranch Local
My 2 cents... If it is axle shaft joints you're trying to upgrade in a 44, then I'd just go for a good set of Spicer brand. Anything past that without running exotic aftermarket shafts will not gain you, because your end yokes are not going to hold up to the abuse they are about to receive. One example I can give you is my Bronco trashed 9 sets of axle shafts at 4xfest 2007. I was running 35 inch all terrain tires, and a 351 modified that smoked like a house fire. I'd say I would be exadurating if I had 250 horse power. CTM's would be a real nice choice if your rig weighed half as much and had half the power. If it is drive shaft joints you are inquiring about, I know Tom Woods joints hold up real well. I have a real good friend that has had a set of 1350 series Tom Woods in his full size rig running 42 in Irok's for 2 yrs now, and I think they are about the only part he has not been able to obliterate yet... LOL.   
The answer to everything is skinny petal...Sometimes too much; others not enough; but the answer is still the same...

« Reply #6 on: 10/20/09, 12:31AM »

Offline mudslingin27

• City Slicker
it really depends upon what you plan to do and how big your stuff is already i work with a guy who builds alot of pulling truck stuff and as far as driveline he runs spicer brand and 90 percent of the axle joints are spicerr as well we also do alot of off road and plow trucks they seem to hold up under the stress just make sure the clips are all in good and you should be fine