Author Topic: Dimple Dies  (Read 2729 times)

Dimple Dies
« on: 05/30/09, 02:09AM »

Offline Twail Weetard

• Ranch Local
  • YAY YAY i LoVe BaCOn
Does anybody know of a place that could do some dimples for me or has access to some dies?

Thanks Alex
I wick windows and wet myself, hab u steen my baball.... FRANKS N BEANS!

Re: Dimple Dies
« Reply #1 on: 05/30/09, 02:37AM »

Offline Blueyellow

• Ranch Rocker
  • Ranch Local
  • Bring it on!
    • blueyellows webspace
I am sure Bradman is good at putting Dimples in something of yours!!!! LMAO!!!!! >:D
 Actually What are you looking for? Sometimes a A/c Shop can do that for you! Or Hell just go out to smorr and tell the trails guides ya wanna be a ranch rocker!!!!! I am sure they will abolige with plenty of dimples! Oh maybe a paint ball gun with frozen paintballs!!!! OHHH wait I didn't say that! did I???
89 YJ Islander edition

Ranch Rocker!!!
Seeyouonthetrail

« Reply #2 on: 05/30/09, 12:40PM »

Offline 91YEEPER

• Ranch Local
  • breaker downer
what size holes/dimples and what thickness/type of material?

« Reply #3 on: 05/30/09, 07:02PM »

Offline Twail Weetard

• Ranch Local
  • YAY YAY i LoVe BaCOn
I am sure Bradman is good at putting Dimples in something of yours!!!! LMAO!!!!! >:D
 Actually What are you looking for? Sometimes a A/c Shop can do that for you! Or Hell just go out to smorr and tell the trails guides ya wanna be a ranch rocker!!!!! I am sure they will abolige with plenty of dimples! Oh maybe a paint ball gun with frozen paintballs!!!! OHHH wait I didn't say that! did I???
what size holes/dimples and what thickness/type of material? 

The material is some 3/8s aluminum plate that im using for my skid design. The size that i would want would be prolly about 1" or so holes. Yeah bradman is a caracter for sure and your crazy AL lmao  >:D haha When you gunna be out at the ranch again AL ?
I wick windows and wet myself, hab u steen my baball.... FRANKS N BEANS!

« Reply #4 on: 05/30/09, 08:33PM »

Offline 91YEEPER

• Ranch Local
  • breaker downer
damn 3/8" thats some serious farging dimpling. i cant help there. youll need an actual shop with a serious press to do that thick. i would recommend dimple dying a belly pan either. make for a pain in the ass for cleaning. it doesnt drain like you think it would.

« Reply #5 on: 05/31/09, 12:08PM »

Offline msy76cj7

• City Slicker
Depends on which way you push the dimple through! LOL!

« Reply #6 on: 05/31/09, 12:21PM »

Offline 91YEEPER

• Ranch Local
  • breaker downer
Depends on which way you push the dimple through! LOL!

that doesnt make alot of sense, atleast to me. why would you dimple it downward? the idea is to create a smooth high clearance design that is strong.