Author Topic: COMMENTARY  (Read 4268 times)

Re: COMMENTARY
« Reply #10 on: 09/16/09, 11:47PM »

Offline LoneWolf

• Clinging to guns and religion
  • Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
  • The Ruby Lee
Nightstalker, thanks for the change!  I'm gonna get coffee with it in the morning. LOL  :P  I'm not defending anyone by no means and couldn't agree with you more. Just merely injecting some reality into JABILTS commentary; that's all  ;)
:USA:

« Reply #11 on: 09/17/09, 03:47PM »

Offline bronco ted

• Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
Man, I make it to the park, and everyone starts dogging me......well, it's nice to be seen at least.
ROFLMAO
Good advice comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad advice

« Reply #12 on: 09/18/09, 10:57PM »

Offline ford381stroker

• Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
If there ends up being a cleanup weekend count me in.   ;D
For parts, welding and fabrication needs, visit my website:  http://peakoffroad.com/

« Reply #13 on: 09/20/09, 03:51AM »

Offline goldswim5

• Ranch Local
I have to say I agree with Jimmy mostly on this. The sad thing is that the people doing this stuff probably won't ever read this thread. They come to the ranch to have a good time, and don't really care beyond that. I have to say though, someone's been doing a good job because it looked very clean today. It's not that hard to just toss your trash back in the cooler right?

I know most of you guys probably don't think about the stockers much either, but we usually have a couple in our group. Without any bypasses, they're going to be stuck doing kellers and pee wee's all day, and not really going to get to see what they could be doing if they built their rigs. Bypasses are a good way for them to see some of the more fun stuff without being afraid to mess up their rigs. Of course I totally support roping off places like that double whammy bypass, that was just rediculous. I would just hate to see it go overboard.

Either way, gotta love the ranch. That's just my .02   
The road less traveled isn't necessarily a road.

« Reply #14 on: 09/20/09, 05:28PM »

Offline willysman22

• Ranch Local
Now that I have read all of this, I do realize that SOME bypasses are ok,BUT, when people make bypasses around small mudholes or other easy obstacles,it gets annoying.Now I drive stock rigs alot,or at the most a slighty modified rig,so I know what it is like to have to take bypasses,but I know if I can't make it through an obstacle,it will probably get worse farther up and I probably don't belong there because I could break and get into alot of trouble.As far as the trash goes,Goldswim is right.The people who do the majority of littering are probably not even members of the site,and are the type of people that thinks lifes a party and just trashes everything with no consideration for others.Now some of the littering is probably a result from things bouncing,spilling,or some other unintentional form of littering,but all we can do is try and pick the stuff up or keep our stuff secure.Love the ranch and the folks who wheel there.

Just my .02

« Last Edit: 09/20/09, 05:31PM by willysman22 »
80' short-bed Toyota, Lexus V8, yota' stuff
09' Suzuki Kingquad 750AXI
48'Willys CJ2A
18' Jeep JLU Sport HT

« Reply #15 on: 09/20/09, 11:00PM »

Offline BIGSEXY 1

• Staff & Volunteers
  • Ranch Local
thanks for the change!  I'm gonna get coffee with it in the morning.
With everyone's .02 jimmy will be able to get starbucks tomorrow.  ;D

« Reply #16 on: 09/20/09, 11:24PM »

Offline tony314

• Ranch Local
If you do have a clean up weekend you can count me in. I'd be more then happy to trek the 4 hours from St.Louis and drive my Ranger around and load the bed with trash and help out. Let me know!

Tony

« Reply #17 on: 09/21/09, 12:54AM »

Offline JPBTR

• Ranch Local
There will always be trash on the trails. It's the same at every park you go to. You have those that will throw it out and those that will pick it up. You have to look at it on the business side too, if you don't have those people that throw the trash out. You have lost half you business.
A good way to get it picked up and have fun doing it, is to have a trash stash. At one of the events where you have prizes, take some of them and place them on the sides of the trail to be found. Then also have everyone pick up the trash while they're at it. They do this at Hot Springs and it works great. Even prizes for most trash picked up.
Most parks have cleanup weekends just to pick up trash also.
Winter time is usually better, when you can see better.

« Reply #18 on: 09/21/09, 02:46PM »

Offline LoneWolf

• Clinging to guns and religion
  • Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
  • The Ruby Lee
With everyone's .02 jimmy will be able to get starbucks tomorrow.  ;D

LOL ... crap no. I'll need A LOT more .02 from everyone to afford of cup of that monkey butt coffee.  :D  Besides if I had enough for a cup of Starbucks... I'd buy a Jeep part instead.
:USA: