Author Topic: Anyone do any reloading?  (Read 2881 times)

Anyone do any reloading?
« on: 11/25/09, 07:24PM »

Offline bronco72

• Ranch Local
I am looking for some pointers/ advise.   
72 BRONCO ON PROPANE FULL HYDRO STEERING LOCKERS AND 10 CANS OF OD GREEN KRYLON.

Re: Anyone do any reloading?
« Reply #1 on: 11/26/09, 02:14PM »

Offline LoneWolf

• Clinging to guns and religion
  • Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
  • The Ruby Lee
Get a master reloading manual or one specific to the caliber you want and start reading up.

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/BrowseCategories.aspx?TabID=11&Categoryid=15810&categorystring=10614***

Read this, should help: http://www.handloads.com/articles/default.asp?id=33

« Last Edit: 11/26/09, 02:14PM by LoneWolf »
:USA:

« Reply #2 on: 11/26/09, 10:05PM »

Offline bronco72

• Ranch Local
I already did that.  Now I am just looking for advice on equipment.  Scales specifically...
72 BRONCO ON PROPANE FULL HYDRO STEERING LOCKERS AND 10 CANS OF OD GREEN KRYLON.

« Reply #3 on: 11/26/09, 10:58PM »

Offline LoneWolf

• Clinging to guns and religion
  • Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
  • The Ruby Lee
i've used a Lee Loadmaster 5 stage press for the last 15 years, love it. I also use the Lee Balance Scale and powder dippers. It's cheap and they are accurate... but can be a pain with the extra steps. If you got the money to spend, then by all means get a digital scale... nice to have both though. I also have several friends who use Dillon presses and they all swear by them. I've never used a Dillon, always used Lee; so I'm partial to them.
:USA:

« Reply #4 on: 11/27/09, 10:46AM »

Offline bronco72

• Ranch Local
Thanks for the info Jimmy.  I am actually starting off with shotshells.  I bought a MEC.  I am looking for a digital scale but the reviews are all over the place for them.  I think I will end up with a beam style until I find a digital that sounds good.  Thanks again.