Author Topic: Cherokee question (pic added)  (Read 3091 times)

Cherokee question (pic added)
« on: 03/26/10, 03:29PM »

Offline 2jeepdrivers

• Ranch Local
I am swapping a 4.0 out of a 93' XJ into my Scout and I am down to wiring I have connector that I am not sure where it hooks to. It is a litte back box over by the battery and it has three terminals coming off of it. Does anyone know where this hooks or what it is for. I know my description is pretty vague but I didn't pull this harness and don't know any other way to describe it. I will try to get a picture up before long.  And if anyone else has stripped down a harness for  a 4.0 to just what it needs to run I woud appreciate it if you could tell me what all you did just so I can make sure I am looking at all of my diagrams right.
« Last Edit: 03/30/10, 09:43PM by 2jeepdrivers »
55' Willys Wagon Injected AMC 360, th400, 203/205, D44,12bolt
66' CJ6 in process of 302,c6,D44's,33's, soa and coils, full cage and some armor

Re: Cherokee question (pic added)
« Reply #1 on: 03/30/10, 11:48PM »

Offline Iceman

• Ranch Local
Looks alot like the piece that hooks to the back of the alternator. pic came out a little fuzzy.

« Reply #2 on: 03/31/10, 01:40AM »

Offline Matt

• Ranch Local
yup, there should be 2 small studs that it goes on and the larger end to a stud farther towards the engine itself for the feed side, the other to a ground bolt. It should all line up when you get it in there.

As for the wiring, good luck. We've stripped 3 of them down lately and you still are left with a lot of stuff. It's a headache to say the least.

You can get rid of everything but 5(?) spot's on the PDB unless you get mega fuses and relays to swap it out. That box is useless once you do that.
« Last Edit: 03/31/10, 01:41AM by Matt »
" Achmed "
RCROCS Marshall
SMORR ???

« Reply #3 on: 03/31/10, 03:23PM »

Offline 2jeepdrivers

• Ranch Local
Wow I can't beleive I didn't even try to stick it up there and see if that might be it. I figured everything else out but didn't catch the alternator wire. If I have anymore questions if you don't mind I may pm you. I think I have the rest of it figured out though. Once again thanks as soon as I get my fuel lines run I should be able to fire it.
55' Willys Wagon Injected AMC 360, th400, 203/205, D44,12bolt
66' CJ6 in process of 302,c6,D44's,33's, soa and coils, full cage and some armor

« Reply #4 on: 08/02/10, 05:53PM »

Offline meganfoxx

• City Slicker
love it