Author Topic: So, did everyone......  (Read 2052 times)

So, did everyone......
« on: 04/27/10, 11:19PM »

Offline Matt

• Ranch Local
Finally dry out ?

Let's just say I had a very long trip. Plane was scheduled to leave at 2, left at 4:30 instead. No biggie, I had a 3 hour layover in Chicago anyhow. My 6:55 flight got delayed to 7:55. The plane landed at 8, started loading first class at 8:20 until the pilot came out and said to wait for a minute. Flight got canceled at 8:45 due to lightning and stormy weather in Philadelphia. They gave us a voucher for a $50 room at the Comfort Inn in Des Plaines IL, of which I got checked in at 11:30 or so and it had no bar, of which i fully intended to use !

The bad part was the next flight out was again, at 6:55 Monday. Sooooooo I left the hotel at noon on Monday, went on standby for 3 flights leaving for Philly at 2, all of which were full. I finally managed to get the very last seat on a 4:00 flight. That was delayed on the Tarmac again for an hour due to weather in Philly. Once we got to Philly, we circled for another half hour or so and once again, got stuck on the tarmac due to an " indecent " in the airport itself.

I think I finally made it home Monday night around 10:00 or so  :o What it took 6 hours to do on Tuesday it took 34 hours to do Sunday and Monday. Driving myself would have been faster, The bus would have been faster and I think I could have hitch hiked faster !

It was however worth it for the good time's all week...... Except when hanging out and having to deal with whiny what's her name.  :-\  :D
" Achmed "
RCROCS Marshall
SMORR ???

Re: So, did everyone......
« Reply #1 on: 04/27/10, 11:28PM »

Offline Jacksfork

• Ranch Mayor
  • Ranch Local
  • "YOU GONNA PULL THEM PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE!!"
    • Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch
Gonna start burning brush piles again tomorrow...so ya we have sorta dried out...lol. What a crappy ride home..lets hope that does not happen again. Thanks for all you help Matt. The next one should be a cake walk  ::) ;D

BP

P.S. Leave the rain at RC please  :P 8)
JEEPS NAME IS "THE JUGGERNAUT"

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MY PARTNERS IN CRIME: PITBULL TIRES, RACELINE WHEELS,  GREEN COUNTY OFF-ROAD, BUILT2ROCK OFF ROAD, WHY NOT CUSTOMS, WILDERNESS 4x4  and TEDS AUTO & MORE!!