Author Topic: Buying new tires, need feedback  (Read 4115 times)

Buying new tires, need feedback
« on: 10/25/10, 06:01AM »

Offline Kong

• Ranch Local
Hello all! As it says...I am buying new tires. My Jeeps goin back to bein a driver and I drive about 60 hwy miles a day, and wheel it. I am interested in any feedback to help guide me towards a great tire for the trails, that won't wear down from mileage quickly. What are your rec's?
Thanks!
Rick

Re: Buying new tires, need feedback
« Reply #1 on: 10/25/10, 09:46AM »

Offline -Jake-

• Ranch Local
I've had good luck with BFG All-Terrains.  If you're driving 60 miles a day I wouldn't get any mud terrain but thats me  :)

« Reply #2 on: 10/25/10, 05:23PM »

Offline Iceman

• Ranch Local
Sounds pricey but you'd be money ahead to put your off road tires on steelies and go with a good highway tread for the commute and swap out when wheeling.

« Reply #3 on: 10/26/10, 04:11PM »

Offline ford381stroker

• Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
I agree with Iceman.  I ended up needing tires for my tow rig but since I do pull my trailer off-road with my crawler I opted for a set of the new Goodyear Wrangler MTR's.  Haven't had them off-road yet but I have to say they are quiet on the street. 
For parts, welding and fabrication needs, visit my website:  http://peakoffroad.com/

« Reply #4 on: 10/26/10, 08:12PM »

Offline Iceman

• Ranch Local
MTR's are a good all around tire, shine in rock, suck in mud. My humble opinion.

« Reply #5 on: 10/28/10, 01:39PM »

Offline Jacksfork

• Ranch Mayor
  • Ranch Local
  • "YOU GONNA PULL THEM PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE!!"
    • Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch
Toyo Open Country MT's. I get 50,000 miles out of them and they are super quiet for as aggressive as the tire is. They are expensive but you get what you pay for. .02
JEEPS NAME IS "THE JUGGERNAUT"

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MY PARTNERS IN CRIME: PITBULL TIRES, RACELINE WHEELS,  GREEN COUNTY OFF-ROAD, BUILT2ROCK OFF ROAD, WHY NOT CUSTOMS, WILDERNESS 4x4  and TEDS AUTO & MORE!!

« Reply #6 on: 11/02/10, 03:52PM »

Offline Lado174

• City Slicker
I'm hearing good things about the new General Grabber

« Reply #7 on: 01/15/11, 08:47AM »

Offline Kong

• Ranch Local
Hey all! Figured I'd update those who replied. I decided to go with MT MTZ's. I have had them for about 4 mo's and am really impressed w/them. City/Hwy is quiet enough, and after 2 wkds of grabbing/throwing rock and much there are hardly and chews in the lugs. They climbed great and cleaned out well in the mud. Awesome tire, looking to sell them now for about 9 and buy the same in 35's and stay there. Just put my 8.8 in w/456 gears, tube fenders, and now I'm ready to cut the rear fenders to fit the 35's. Pulling the Detroit locker out of the D35 today and will post it for sale this wkd. So with any luck I'll have a completely different rig by the Froze Over '11! I've got the big GI tent w/the chimney stack comin out of the top, stop by and say hi when ya see me sometime, take care!