Author Topic: Help With GPS Maps... anyone?!  (Read 2556 times)

Help With GPS Maps... anyone?!
« on: 11/16/12, 12:38AM »

Offline ky_Ace

• City Slicker
Okay, I am brand new to this GPS maping deal.  I have a Garmin 60CSX.  I am only allowed 20 tracks, which are saved on the internal memory.  There are 70 tracks in the SMORR GPS file.  I read that the file was created using a 60, so I'm not sure why it doesn't mesh perfectly with mine.

Any help in getting the entire park loaded on my GPS is welcome!

Thanks,

Brandon
Forever Forgiven Off-Road
Hebrews 8:12

Re: Help With GPS Maps... anyone?!
« Reply #1 on: 11/16/12, 01:24PM »

Offline Jacksfork

• Ranch Mayor
  • Ranch Local
  • "YOU GONNA PULL THEM PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE!!"
    • Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch
Call Garmin's customer help line....i have been told by many other of our customers that they are really helpfull!! Good luck!

Brandon
SMORR
JEEPS NAME IS "THE JUGGERNAUT"

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MY PARTNERS IN CRIME: PITBULL TIRES, RACELINE WHEELS,  GREEN COUNTY OFF-ROAD, BUILT2ROCK OFF ROAD, WHY NOT CUSTOMS, WILDERNESS 4x4  and TEDS AUTO & MORE!!

Re: Help With GPS Maps... anyone?!
« Reply #2 on: 11/20/12, 10:11PM »

Offline ky_Ace

• City Slicker
I spoke with Garmin for about an hour.  They said there wasn't a way to fit 70 tracks on the 60 series.  I ended up opening the file in MapSource and deleting all the 5's, 4's, and still had a LOT of deleting to do to get it dwindled down to 20.  I basically deleted the back half of the park with the exception of the main roads.  I wanted to try and combine some of the tracks but couldn't really see an easy way to get 70 down to 20 and keep them all.