Author Topic: I want to customize my bronco 2  (Read 3820 times)

I want to customize my bronco 2
« on: 04/01/11, 03:14PM »

Offline 1985BlueBronco2

• Ranch Local
I want to chop off the back of my bronco to make it into a convertible.  But I also want to be able reattach it when the weather gets cold.  I have already thought of a pulley system to lift the back off when I don't want it on, also I would be putting in a roll bar, so I don't die if it rolls. Not sure how to go about doing it though.  Anyone have any ideas?
Its a Bronco thing

Re: I want to customize my bronco 2
« Reply #1 on: 04/01/11, 09:07PM »

Offline Iceman

• Ranch Local
Depends on how good your fab skills are. I would look at some of the older vehicles that had removable tops I.E. early broncos, blazers ramchargers, and copy them. you will probably need a donor vehicle for bed rails and attatchment lip for your top. The fun part will be cutting the top off, The hard part will be makeing it reattatch solidly and seal up. As for the roll bar I think at a minimum you should go with a 4 point cage tied to the frame, 6 point if your going to keep the back seat.  8)

« Reply #2 on: 04/01/11, 09:33PM »

Offline 1985BlueBronco2

• Ranch Local
Have you ever seen the American Pie moves?
Its a Bronco thing

« Reply #3 on: 04/01/11, 09:38PM »

Offline 1985BlueBronco2

• Ranch Local
Like this
Its a Bronco thing

« Reply #4 on: 04/01/11, 09:41PM »

« Reply #5 on: 04/04/11, 09:52PM »

Offline Iceman

• Ranch Local
Looks like it could be done. I think if I were going to put that much time and effort into it I would have to go full convertable, windshield back, with a cage. Not to discourage you but it would be cheaper and easier to get some thing the top was made to come off of. However no one has ever been able to talk me out of doing some thing once I've set my mind to it! ;)

« Reply #6 on: 04/05/11, 06:01PM »

Offline crazy larry

• Staff & Volunteers
  • Ranch Local
if you do it. just remember it's justed metal you can add to it if you take off to much. but leave the quarter windows in if you cut the top off and want to reuse it.you can cover them with welding paper. if you take them out and cut you mite not get them back in.
ps. but in braces  top and bottom before you cut.
« Last Edit: 04/05/11, 07:05PM by crazy larry »
yes? you can have my gun went I'm out of bullets

« Reply #7 on: 04/10/11, 10:03AM »

Offline Floppy Peaches

• Ranch Rocker
  • Ranch Local
I would do a full cage and have and someone make a soft top for it
Wheel, Break, Repair, Repeat