Author Topic: 1942 GPW jeep for sale.  (Read 4502 times)

1942 GPW jeep for sale.
« on: 07/23/11, 05:59PM »

Offline weatherhead

• City Slicker
The jeep is now on rollin wheels and will be at the ranch over Labor Day weekend.  It really needs to GO!  Shoot me a price.

I have here a great start to a GREAT jeep rig!
Aftermarket STEEL tub (ie NO rust) '42 gpw flatfender jeep, painless wiring system installed, 6 point rollcage (with plenty of O sh*# handles), even a safari rack on top of that, tub is on a CJ 7 boxed frame. linked axles: Dana 44 up front, a BUILT 14 bolt in the rear! (will pop covers and see what gears they are), good windshield, heater installed, and autometer gauges.

The bad: The axles link system was NOT done correctly.  Lots of good parts to reuse but needs to be redone, correctly!  Did have a amc 360 in it with a four speed.  They are long gone but at least the clutch and brake peddles have already been converted to top swing peddles :)

Jeep is located just about 12 miles southwest of the ranch.

Would not take alot to get this jeep back up and on the trails during the COOL fall days just around the corner.

Sorry not sure how to upload pics can text them.
« Last Edit: 08/30/11, 10:26PM by weatherhead »

Re: 1942 GPW jeep for sale.
« Reply #1 on: 07/07/12, 07:44PM »

Offline hotrodsbyb

• City Slicker
do you still have this jeep? if so have you decided on a price, and would you consider a trade? you can text me pics and reply if you have them at 4172070277

« Reply #2 on: 07/07/12, 08:11PM »

Offline weatherhead

• City Slicker
Still have the jeep.  Have removed the jeep frame.  The body is currently on top of a '79 ford bronco with a 400 and c6 tranny and 35 tire.  been to hot to get the frame shortin and body bolted on.  It is currently at Ted's auto service in Fordland.  What you have to trade and what are you wanting, ie tub only or more?

Re: 1948 GPW willys jeep for sale.
« Reply #3 on: 08/02/14, 09:45AM »

Offline weatherhead

• City Slicker
The jeep/bronco project is finally done!  It is tagged for the road with a clean title.  It is by no means a full fledge rock crawler but it is an awsome run about and gets lots of compliments.  It is listed on Springfield, MO CL.

« Reply #4 on: 08/02/14, 09:54AM »

Offline Jacksfork

• Ranch Mayor
  • Ranch Local
  • "YOU GONNA PULL THEM PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE!!"
    • Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch
Post the Craigslist link please  ;)

Brandon
SMORR
JEEPS NAME IS "THE JUGGERNAUT"

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MY PARTNERS IN CRIME: PITBULL TIRES, RACELINE WHEELS,  GREEN COUNTY OFF-ROAD, BUILT2ROCK OFF ROAD, WHY NOT CUSTOMS, WILDERNESS 4x4  and TEDS AUTO & MORE!!

« Reply #5 on: 08/02/14, 06:13PM »

Offline weatherhead

• City Slicker
http://springfield.craigslist.org/cto/4539462420.html This is the link.  If this is how you create a link.