Author Topic: Irok, PB Rockers or TSL?  (Read 4109 times)

Irok, PB Rockers or TSL?
« on: 12/13/11, 09:26PM »

Offline Lilblackrunner

• Ranch Local
Well the time is getting nigh for new shoes for the Runner. I have 35" Rockers on it now. I like them for the most part but if it is greasy muddy at all they don't clean out very well.

Everyone knows how the TSL works in the deep stuff but was wanting some opinions on the Iroks also. I know the hot ticket now are the BFG stickies but I just don't have that kind of coin laying around and I like to drive mine on the road occasionally.

Most of the wheeling I do is at SMORR so I thought I would ask for personal experience with the Irok, TSL and Rockers at the park. My rig is a locked Toyota with duals, 4.7s in the rear case and a 22re. As you can guess wheel speed is a pipe dream!

Re: Irok, PB Rockers or TSL?
« Reply #1 on: 12/14/11, 05:56PM »

Offline travis grimm

• Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
I love my TSLs for gettin busy in the loose stuff.
Tread Lightly

« Reply #2 on: 12/16/11, 07:24PM »

Offline ford381stroker

• Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
I run the TSLs on my wifes samurai and love them. I have to air them down to 5 pounds in the front and 3 pounds in the rear and they bite really well.
For parts, welding and fabrication needs, visit my website:  http://peakoffroad.com/

« Reply #3 on: 12/16/11, 07:28PM »

Offline ford381stroker

• Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
I can give you a better opinion in a couple of weeks when I take my Yota to SMORR. It sounds like we are running the same setup. I am running 36" Iroks on it.
For parts, welding and fabrication needs, visit my website:  http://peakoffroad.com/

« Reply #4 on: 12/17/11, 11:40AM »

Offline Jacksfork

• Ranch Mayor
  • Ranch Local
  • "YOU GONNA PULL THEM PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE!!"
    • Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch
You all ready have the perfect tire for SMORR which is the pitbull rocker. You said you primarily wheel at SMORR so would a different look at things like more gear ( wheel speed) be a better way to go?  I always thought the 22re would have plenty of power still. Maybe im wrong for im mot a yota guy. Yes I know it all cost money. Just my .02  :)

BP
JEEPS NAME IS "THE JUGGERNAUT"

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MY PARTNERS IN CRIME: PITBULL TIRES, RACELINE WHEELS,  GREEN COUNTY OFF-ROAD, BUILT2ROCK OFF ROAD, WHY NOT CUSTOMS, WILDERNESS 4x4  and TEDS AUTO & MORE!!

« Reply #5 on: 12/18/11, 05:54PM »

Offline ford381stroker

• Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
You are right Brandon, gearing is everything.  In my wife's Samurai I have the most underpowered engine, the 1.3 liter but with a manual transmission and 6.5 t/case gears I have many options.  If I pick the right gear, I can get as much wheel speed as I need.  Most hill climbs I have to pick second or third gear and stand on it.  I may only have 65 hp but I can spin those 36's with ease!   ;)

I can't wait to get the Yota out to SMORR.  With the additional power of the 22R on propane and the 5 speed with dual cases the options will be many.    ;D
« Last Edit: 12/18/11, 05:57PM by ford381stroker »

« Reply #6 on: 12/19/11, 03:31PM »

Offline Jacksfork

• Ranch Mayor
  • Ranch Local
If he could go to a 38.5 Pitbull Maddog would that be enough of a larger tire to help his wheel speed problem Phillip ? Just curious??

BP

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MY PARTNERS IN CRIME: PITBULL TIRES, RACELINE WHEELS,  GREEN COUNTY OFF-ROAD, BUILT2ROCK OFF ROAD, WHY NOT CUSTOMS, WILDERNESS 4x4  and TEDS AUTO & MORE!!

« Reply #7 on: 12/23/11, 02:03PM »

Offline Lilblackrunner

• Ranch Local
The Rockers are just so expensive. I have been eyeing the 38x12.5x15 TSL and also the 36x13.5x15 Irok. I need new rubber on my rig since the current set of Rockers are getting pretty thin. They are probably at 40-50% now. I have been impressed with them when the trail gets greasy. I will say that they love the snow when aired down to about 5 psi they go like crazy. Most likely I'll keep looking and see what I can find used.

« Reply #8 on: 12/23/11, 02:08PM »

Offline Chumly75

• Ranch Local
You might want to contact Ford381stroker to see if he might be able to or interested in re-groveing them to get you some more life out of them instead of putting out the money.

« Reply #9 on: 12/23/11, 06:34PM »

Offline Jacksfork

• Ranch Mayor
  • Ranch Local
That's a great idea chumly!!  8) I know Phillip would do it right and for a fair price!!