Author Topic: NEW NIGHT WHEELING RULE!!!!  (Read 5776 times)

NEW NIGHT WHEELING RULE!!!!
« on: 03/11/12, 02:50PM »

Offline Jacksfork

• Ranch Mayor
  • Ranch Local
  • "YOU GONNA PULL THEM PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE!!"
    • Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch
**ATTENTION**
New Night Wheeling Rule Will Go Into Effect April 1st
Starting April 1st the Trails will be shut down (CLOSED) between Midnight and 7am. You must be back in the campground by Midnight. The gates to the trails will be locked 10 minutes after midnight!!
If you have a broken down rig and you’re not going to make the midnight shut down time, leave the rig where it’s at, take all valuables with you, ride back with someone in your group, and we will recover or repair your rig the next morning. If you are wheeling by yourself, walk back if close enough or call me at 417-827-3952 and I’ll pick you up and repair or recover your rig the next morning!
There will be only one reminder of this RULE!! All Ranch Privilege’s will be revoked after the ONE reminder with no refund for remaining time!
Thanks for everyone’s cooperation!!
Brandon J Powell
Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch WWW.SMORR.NET
417-827-3952
JEEPS NAME IS "THE JUGGERNAUT"

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MY PARTNERS IN CRIME: PITBULL TIRES, RACELINE WHEELS,  GREEN COUNTY OFF-ROAD, BUILT2ROCK OFF ROAD, WHY NOT CUSTOMS, WILDERNESS 4x4  and TEDS AUTO & MORE!!

Re: NEW NIGHT WHEELING RULE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 03/11/12, 04:10PM »

Offline travis grimm

• Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
If it is an event weekend, I will be there and ready to run someone to camp and to shut the gates at that time anyways My digits are 380-7481. -tg-
Tread Lightly

« Reply #2 on: 03/11/12, 04:29PM »

Offline Jacksfork

• Ranch Mayor
  • Ranch Local
Thanks for your offer to help Travis...im sure ill need it  ;D

BP

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MY PARTNERS IN CRIME: PITBULL TIRES, RACELINE WHEELS,  GREEN COUNTY OFF-ROAD, BUILT2ROCK OFF ROAD, WHY NOT CUSTOMS, WILDERNESS 4x4  and TEDS AUTO & MORE!!

« Reply #3 on: 03/12/12, 05:08PM »

Offline travis grimm

• Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
Just keep in mind guys, some things need to be done to keep SMORRs reputation for being the friendliest, safest and best park on the map!
Tread Lightly

« Reply #4 on: 03/12/12, 08:40PM »

Offline Iceman

• Ranch Local
I'm sure you have your reasons, but could I ask why the rule change? It sounds like some thing happened to inspire the change. I love night wheeling, and the fact that campground gate closes at midnight, so that I don't disturb others who are trying to sleep when I come in and visa versa. ???

« Reply #5 on: 03/12/12, 10:18PM »

Offline Jacksfork

• Ranch Mayor
  • Ranch Local
There were many factors in this rule change. I'm not going to list them all out. You still can night wheel.....just till midnight now! I am sure i will have some runs in the summer that will incorporate all night wheeling....just have not planned anything yet!

Bottom line is that we here at SMORR are trying, like Travis stated before, to provide one of the most cutting edge, family friendly, extremely fun and Safe Wheeling Destinations in the nation. It was stated in this topic on the facebook fan page...i will never be able to please everyone, all though i do try, its just not how things work.
In the long run my other business partners and myself feel this is the best course of action.

Once again i thank everyone for their cooperation!!

Brandon
SMORR

« Reply #6 on: 03/12/12, 11:15PM »

Offline willysman22

• Ranch Local
While we're on the topic of changes at the park, what happened to the mud pit? Attracting the wrong crowd?I do miss it a little, but can live without it.
80' short-bed Toyota, Lexus V8, yota' stuff
09' Suzuki Kingquad 750AXI
48'Willys CJ2A
18' Jeep JLU Sport HT

« Reply #7 on: 03/12/12, 11:57PM »

Offline Jacksfork

• Ranch Mayor
  • Ranch Local
Hey Paul.....its nothing like that. Our mud pit had become a bottomless pit so we drained it and filled it in. I also did not like its location. Mud will be back at the ranch sometime this yr....but i have some clearing to do to make the pit, and its gonna be a horse shoe pit for comps!!

BP

« Reply #8 on: 03/26/12, 02:37PM »

Offline POPE

• Ranch Local
This is my OPINION and only that.  Well my first reaction to this new rule is quite offending to the crowd I am in.  I would imagine that this new rule is going to turn quite a few patrons stomach as it has mine.  About 6 years ago I began coming to SMORR to wheel.  And let me tell you there has been a lot of great memories made there!  It was affordable, friendly, and it was easy going.  We started out by camping in the main campground for a couple years until the rules changed to gates closed at midnight.  We moved outside of the gates so we could continue to wheel at night (what my crowd likes about the park) without offending quiet time.  Then a couple years go by and a new set of gates were installed to extend the quiet time area. So now we have to leave the rigs by the gates and walk in.  Not that we wanted too, but it was understood.  At Hell Froze Over this year (yes I still call it that because that’s what it started as) we were asked to shut of our generator in the field parked by the gate!  Isn’t this the generator area for camping?  You have a park with the reputation it has because of who you were.  What you are changing it into, will make you the park that used to be something.  No wheeling after midnight only makes me look away from this park as a destination.  Why drive two hours or more to only be able to wheel on your schedule?  After I drive that far and pay the fees to stay there I want the biggest bang for my buck!  That means I want to wheel all day and all night if I so choose.  So now if I break early in the day I will just load and go home!  I won’t try to fix it so I can wheel that night and the next day.  Who are you trying to accommodate with the new rule change?  In my opinion this is a bad decision.  This only makes me look to try a different park.  Something I would not have done in the past!  You have changed this into a day run park!  Not a three day weekend park.  Brandon you are correct, you can't please everyone.  But you can try not to piss off the people you already have as customers, before you change the rules for the ones you don't even have yet!!

« Reply #9 on: 03/26/12, 04:02PM »

Offline Jacksfork

• Ranch Mayor
  • Ranch Local
POPE.....This rule was not intended to make anyone mad. I run a business here plain and simple, and as it grows i learn and things do change.......I have enjoyed your group and appreciate all the business you all have brought me over the yrs. Sounds like you have your mind made up but i hope to see you all again! If not i wish you all happy wheeling where ever you go!!

Sincerely,

Brandon J Powell
SMORR
www.smorr.net
jacksfork@smorr.net
417-827-3952