Author Topic: any one have a tire groover?  (Read 3693 times)

any one have a tire groover?
« on: 03/19/12, 06:12AM »

Offline Jlong

• Ranch Local
I found a good deal on some boggers but i dont want them unless i can get them grooved for side stability

Re: any one have a tire groover?
« Reply #1 on: 03/19/12, 09:04AM »

Offline Jacksfork

• Ranch Mayor
  • Ranch Local
  • "YOU GONNA PULL THEM PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE!!"
    • Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch
Saws all or sawzall lol.....or chain saw both work great!!
JEEPS NAME IS "THE JUGGERNAUT"

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MY PARTNERS IN CRIME: PITBULL TIRES, RACELINE WHEELS,  GREEN COUNTY OFF-ROAD, BUILT2ROCK OFF ROAD, WHY NOT CUSTOMS, WILDERNESS 4x4  and TEDS AUTO & MORE!!

« Reply #2 on: 03/19/12, 11:45AM »

Offline travis grimm

• Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
Mr.Phillip King (ford381stroker)does great work on tires. Better than my chainsaw sipes.lol.
Tread Lightly

« Reply #3 on: 03/20/12, 07:19AM »

Offline Jlong

• Ranch Local
Thanks thanks ill email him

« Reply #4 on: 03/23/12, 07:47PM »

Offline ford381stroker

• Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
I got your message.  I can groove them.  I am not known for my grooving yet but I have a few sets out there and they are doing well.   ;)

I can groove a set of boggers in a weekend.  I may even bring the groover with me to SMORR on the next trip up and do some on site if needed.  Depending on the size and the amount of work being done I start at $25 per tire.  Here are a set of 36" Iroks I did.

« Last Edit: 03/23/12, 07:48PM by ford381stroker »
For parts, welding and fabrication needs, visit my website:  http://peakoffroad.com/

« Reply #5 on: 03/23/12, 09:19PM »

Offline Jacksfork

• Ranch Mayor
  • Ranch Local
Nice job!!

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MY PARTNERS IN CRIME: PITBULL TIRES, RACELINE WHEELS,  GREEN COUNTY OFF-ROAD, BUILT2ROCK OFF ROAD, WHY NOT CUSTOMS, WILDERNESS 4x4  and TEDS AUTO & MORE!!

« Reply #6 on: 03/23/12, 09:21PM »

Offline Jacksfork

• Ranch Mayor
  • Ranch Local
Lets groove my 47" Growlers!!!  ;D

« Reply #7 on: 03/25/12, 07:02AM »

Offline Jlong

• Ranch Local
Heck yeah i like them.  How much does it help the boggers?  mine are about half tread so they should be broke in good.  first time ever having boggers and prolly never would have run them if it wasnt for pretty much stealing them.  im expecting bad lateral stability but other than that do they work well at the ranch?

« Reply #8 on: 03/25/12, 07:41AM »

Offline Jlong

• Ranch Local
You can be brutally honest also besides stealing them i got them for the sidewall strength not because they look mean.  I plan on replacing them with tsl sx next year but i just finished my rig and  not sure of what all it can do so im gonna wonder if its the rig or tires or even both if it crawls worse than before, lol

« Reply #9 on: 03/25/12, 03:17PM »

Offline ford381stroker

• Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
I had the 44" Boggers on the Mule and I liked them on everything but the side hills.  Usually, every time I had the Mule at the park it was either raining or had rained recently so with the loose dirt, mud and gravel they did well.  They did good on the rocks also but the side hills can prove to be dangerous.  If I would have had my tire groover back then I would have modified the tread pattern.
For parts, welding and fabrication needs, visit my website:  http://peakoffroad.com/