Author Topic: 98 TJ project  (Read 1816 times)

98 TJ project
« on: 05/21/12, 05:51PM »

Offline goldswim5

• Ranch Local
98 TJ body and frame, good title, has a good cage that just needs to be fitted and re-welded. Has sun performance rock sliders, and corner guards that close the gap at the front of the wheel well for a stretch, but don't wrap all the way around. Comes with a 1" body lift and 1" mml.
00 XJ 4.0, AW4, NP231, 120K miles, ran great when I pulled it. W/ Harnesses
79 Ford F250 HPD44, D60, NP435, NP205
Steering box, shafts, frame support, winch plate, 5.5" lift springs, stock TJ passenger seat, and a few other random parts.
RuffStuff front 3 link w/panhard brackets, mid-length front arms with Johnny Joints, coil brackets

The jeep started as a functional TJ on tons and 42's that my buddy got in on trade. Most of the work was fairly shotty, but the parts were all good so he parted it, took the good stuff for a buggy, and sold the rest. I bought the body, frame, and good title from him. It also came with a second stock TJ frame, since the old one was janky as hell. Since then I've removed the old frame, and stripped the brackets I wasn't going to use off the stock frame, and started the 3 link on the front. It is all mocked and tacked up, just needs finish welded. I bought a salvage title 00 Cherokee for the drivetrain, drove it around some dirt roads and can confirm everything works like it should. I'd really like to finish and wheel this, but it just isn't what I need to be concerned with right now when I should be graduating.

I can text pics, text call or email me, 417-459-1445. I'm either going to put this all back together and sell it like that, or you can buy it still taken apart. The body and drive train are seperate from the frame right now, but they just need bolted back in. I WILL NOT PART THIS OUT. Asking $3200 on craigslist, but tell me you saw it on smorr and I'll do $3000.
The road less traveled isn't necessarily a road.