Author Topic: RENT-A-RIG...?  (Read 3923 times)

RENT-A-RIG...?
« on: 06/14/12, 08:56PM »

Offline gmcxt

• Ranch Local
Sure would be cool if you guys had rigs that someone could rent for the weekend/day/couple hours.  You know like how you can go to the lake you can rent a boat, go to an airport you can rent... a car, go to SMORR you can rent a Juggy  cough cough  ;D 

I think thi$ could be a good idea.  I would pay for seat time.  There are lots of us with broken or unfinished projects that would love to just show up and  wheel something "capable". No haveing  to haul around or find someone to tow your junk there. No worries on if your truck can make it back home. 

If the ranch isnt up for it how many members would be?
Piss on everything Im goin four wheelin!

Re: RENT-A-RIG...?
« Reply #1 on: 06/14/12, 09:48PM »

Offline ford381stroker

• Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
Travis and I have talked about this extensively. We have talked to Brandon about it early last year.  We could build capable Samurais that would be locked and geared etc. which could take many 3's and even some 4's. I have even been stock piling drive train parts for several years with this in mind. The hard part is the expense for us up front and then the breakage depending on how the renter wheeled/beat it. We would be willing to still do this. I will keep an eye on this thread to see the responses.
For parts, welding and fabrication needs, visit my website:  http://peakoffroad.com/

« Reply #2 on: 06/14/12, 10:38PM »

Offline Jacksfork

• Ranch Mayor
  • Ranch Local
  • "YOU GONNA PULL THEM PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE!!"
    • Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch
I have looked and somewhat probed the market and for us right now we simply do not have the volume it would take to overcome cost! Up front fees would not only be the vehicles but labor and parts cost, lawyer cost and probably some sort of insurance!

The idea works and is in full swing in places like the mountains of Colorado, Moab, Las Vegas etc!

I hope one day we could do this but i doubt it will be soon...

But of u cam catch me on the right day i might just let you ride  ;D 8)lol

Brandon
SMORR
JEEPS NAME IS "THE JUGGERNAUT"

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MY PARTNERS IN CRIME: PITBULL TIRES, RACELINE WHEELS,  GREEN COUNTY OFF-ROAD, BUILT2ROCK OFF ROAD, WHY NOT CUSTOMS, WILDERNESS 4x4  and TEDS AUTO & MORE!!

« Reply #3 on: 06/15/12, 11:27PM »

Offline Iceman

• Ranch Local
It would have to be an absolute tank powered by a 20HP briggs and a rather sizeable security deposit. Even if you could insure it Has anyone ever heard of beat it like a "RENTED MULE"?

« Reply #4 on: 06/20/12, 04:23PM »

Offline Chumly75

• Ranch Local
I don't think you could keep a rental running, heck give me 20 minutes with Juggy and insurance and I would imagine Brandon would have to change the name to Junky...

« Reply #5 on: 06/29/12, 10:04AM »

Offline Lilblackrunner

• Ranch Local
I have seen those rental Jeeps in CO. I think the only way they get away with that is the Jeeps are stock and most trails in and around Ouray where I was were more like fireroads. Sure there are some harder trails but most of the population that was taking a rental were just sightseeing not "wheeling". I think if you tried to rent built up Samis you would spend more on repairs than you would make.

I wouldnt let my friends wheel my junk without me being in the passenger seat. There is no way I would let some stranger take it out.

If you build it they will come.
« Reply #6 on: 07/03/12, 08:56PM »

Offline gmcxt

• Ranch Local
I was thinking between stock Jeep and Brandon's Junky. 

I would imagine that if someone had to pay a few hundred dollar bills to rent something that they would want to get the most out of it they could. X amount of dollars for Z amount of fun. People would be more inclined to fork over there cash to play with your junk not brake it  ;D    A late 80s (EFI) crew cab one ton of what ever flavor on 37s, caged on leafs, seats and harnesses, fire extinguisher, some sort of traction aid spool locker what ever, could be craigsli$t friendly.    I say crew cab for groups of people but doesn't have to be. A 1 ton seems easier to start with because it  has all the parts most people want to upgrade to.

I rode some go carts the other day.  They weren't race carts like I wished but it was the experience with family and friends that was fun.  I think a couple SMORR-Carts like 2 YJs on 33s or few beater chevys all running the same parts for ease/cost of maintenance could be fun. I'm coming out this weekend only to watch the fireworks....nothin to drive around....takes most of the fun out of it....I am lame.
Piss on everything Im goin four wheelin!