Author Topic: DOM  (Read 7182 times)

DOM
« on: 12/19/12, 11:00PM »

Offline Jmorgan

• City Slicker
  • At The Cliffs
Im just south of springfield, and looking for a place to buy some DOM for an EXO. If anyone can direct me to a place to buy some, it would be greatly appreciated!

Re: DOM
« Reply #1 on: 12/20/12, 12:19PM »

Offline Jacksfork

• Ranch Mayor
  • Ranch Local
  • "YOU GONNA PULL THEM PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE!!"
    • Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch
PM Fordstroker........he has a fab shop in town...he can help ya out!!

Brandon
SMORR
JEEPS NAME IS "THE JUGGERNAUT"

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MY PARTNERS IN CRIME: PITBULL TIRES, RACELINE WHEELS,  GREEN COUNTY OFF-ROAD, BUILT2ROCK OFF ROAD, WHY NOT CUSTOMS, WILDERNESS 4x4  and TEDS AUTO & MORE!!

« Reply #2 on: 12/20/12, 06:22PM »

Offline travis grimm

• Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
I'm gonna chime in here and say DOM is a unneeded expense.  Priced average of four hundred percent more,  its stronger but how critical is that extra strength when a well designed and built cage is way stronger than needed with HREW. I've had more rolls than anybody I know and have used nothing but HREW on my cage and the orange RTI ramp which I built just like I'd build a cage. I'm not hating on those with DOM,  we just don't want you to get discouraged from your build. -tg-
Tread Lightly

« Reply #3 on: 12/21/12, 02:30PM »

Offline 2jeepdrivers

• Ranch Local
I agree with Travis if a cage is designed poorly it doesn't matter what it's made out of.  I know all of the bumpers and sliders I build, along with my cage are HREW and they have held up great over the years.
55' Willys Wagon Injected AMC 360, th400, 203/205, D44,12bolt
66' CJ6 in process of 302,c6,D44's,33's, soa and coils, full cage and some armor

« Reply #4 on: 12/24/12, 12:15AM »

Offline willysman22

• Ranch Local
HREW vote here as well. I have seen Travis's cage hold up well to rollover.Marlin Crawler builds lots of his stuff with HREW, and his company has a good rep.
80' short-bed Toyota, Lexus V8, yota' stuff
09' Suzuki Kingquad 750AXI
48'Willys CJ2A
18' Jeep JLU Sport HT

« Reply #5 on: 12/24/12, 02:49PM »

Offline travis grimm

• Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
I like to buy my sticks at Wheeler (I know, right?) on west Kearney. At just over a dollar a foot for 1.5x0.090, you can afford to goof up on a few bends
Tread Lightly

« Reply #6 on: 12/24/12, 04:34PM »

Offline 2jeepdrivers

• Ranch Local
Wheelers also has some odd size Hrew for cheap.  I use quite a bit of their 1 7/8" .120 wall because I can bend it with a harbor freight pipe bender and a 1 1/4" pipe die.  Works great if you are on a budget.
55' Willys Wagon Injected AMC 360, th400, 203/205, D44,12bolt
66' CJ6 in process of 302,c6,D44's,33's, soa and coils, full cage and some armor

« Reply #7 on: 12/27/12, 09:48AM »

Offline Jacksfork

• Ranch Mayor
  • Ranch Local
  • "YOU GONNA PULL THEM PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE!!"
    • Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch
Ill Stick With The DOM!!  ;D
JEEPS NAME IS "THE JUGGERNAUT"

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MY PARTNERS IN CRIME: PITBULL TIRES, RACELINE WHEELS,  GREEN COUNTY OFF-ROAD, BUILT2ROCK OFF ROAD, WHY NOT CUSTOMS, WILDERNESS 4x4  and TEDS AUTO & MORE!!

« Reply #8 on: 01/07/13, 06:08PM »

Offline LoneWolf

• Clinging to guns and religion
  • Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
  • The Ruby Lee
If you don't want you're exo all bent to hell after a few tree smacks, buy DOM. Hrew will dent pretty easy. Yes it'll save you in a roll but if you want superior strength DOM it is. Buy it from Lake Steel in Camdenton. Well worth the drive.. buying it in Springfield will cost you 3 or 4 times as much as if you go to Lake Steel. I paid 2.70/ft for DOM from them when I built my cage in the 1ton. I built the cage in my Cherokee out of Hrew and paid 1.10 a foot for it, but didn't really care if I smacked a tree and dented it so I went cheap on it. So if you care whether it dents and look like crap after a few wheeling mishaps, then go DOM if not go HREW; as far as integrity in a roll. Either one will work for 4 wheeling.. as for Racing applications you would be silly to put HREW in that.
« Last Edit: 01/07/13, 06:15PM by LoneWolf »
:USA:

« Reply #9 on: 01/07/13, 06:21PM »

Offline LoneWolf

• Clinging to guns and religion
  • Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
  • The Ruby Lee
Sorry I just seen all you were asking was where to buy and didn't need all our two cents.

Lake Steel And Supply, Inc
3306 S State Highway 5
Camdenton, MO
573-346-0050

Wheeler Metals is in Springfield, but they don't sell DOM but have everything else, sheets, tubing, flat bar...
http://www.wheelermetals.com/
:USA: