Author Topic: purple yota to buggy build  (Read 2261 times)

purple yota to buggy build
« on: 03/09/13, 09:17AM »

Offline rzrcowboy

• Ranch Local
so here we go. our purple yota is ready to morf into a four seat tube buggy. the new pro tools 105 bender is in i got the dies and notcher and the bendtech pro program. our goal is to have a capable four seat buggy that is safe for my children. i am in the design process now. any info or tips would be greatly appritiated. i intend to have a four link rear and a three link front with panhard bar. i want air shocks but my wallet will make the final say my goal is to be ready in two months. and it will be a full tube chassis.

Re: purple yota to buggy build
« Reply #1 on: 03/11/13, 04:35AM »

Offline travis grimm

• Ranch Regulator
  • Ranch Local
Very cool.   Are you posting the build anywhere?
Tread Lightly

« Reply #2 on: 04/19/13, 07:23AM »

Offline Buster

• Ranch Local
Sounds like a cool build!  You will like BendTech Pro.  That's some nice software and really takes the guess work out of it.  You'll need to hit it hard and heavy to be ready in two months, but it can be done!  I built my 2.5 seater and have a little over eight hours of design, drawing it up in BendTech.  I have just over 400' of tube, which means a ton of notching and welding!  Between all the tube and links, I went through four, 10lb rolls of wire.  :o  With three of us building, start to finish took four months and it was wheeling.  The rear 1/2 seat is for my four year old, so it's not fullsize friendly.  ;D  Good luck and post progress pics!
Fawker Fab - Three seater buggy - 454 on propane, 465/Fawker Fab doubler, One Tons, Detroits, 5.13's, 42" PBR's

« Reply #3 on: 04/22/13, 07:50PM »

Offline rzrcowboy

• Ranch Local
after a lot of discussion it was suggested that i leave the front alone as in just sub from the rear of the leaves back and tube over it and still do a four link rear. i have the truck apart have not cut the frame yet. i already had the wheel base i wanted so i wont have to order my drive line. i do have all the parts. i have to get my tube soon. i have to drive an hour away to get it since no one sells it locally.