Ranch Rules & Regulations
- The Ranch waiver must be signed before entering the Ranch. Everyone rides at their own risk. Know your limitations and do not exceed the capabilities of your vehicle.
- No alcoholic beverages or mind-altering substances, which may impair a person's judgment, are allowed in the trail riding area. Alcoholic beverages are allowed only in the campground and any illegal substances are strictly prohibited at the Ranch.
- No one is allowed to possess any dangerous or controlled substances including, but not limited to firearms and explosives within the park.
- Litter laws are strictly enforced. Place litter in an appropriate trash receptacle or "Pack It In, Pack It Out."
- "Tread Lightly." Ride only on established trails only. Do not blaze your own trails, venture in to the woods or on to other property not owned by the Ranch.
- Do not remove or destroy trees, shrubs, plants or animals. We want them to remain for everyone to enjoy. Tree straps must always be used. If there is a tree down across the trail do not make a new path around it. Please either cut it or winch it out of the way or go get ranch personnel to remove it.
- No hunting is allowed at the Ranch.
- Dogs are allowed but must be on a leash and supervised at all times. NO Rots, Dobermans or Pits allowed. If your dog is aggressive toward people or other animals do not bring it. If a problem occurs you may be asked to leave the Ranch.
- Campsite fires must be kept inside the designated fire rings. Fire rings are not to be moved. Do not burn metal or glass in the fire rings.
- Operation hours: You may four wheel at the ranch at all hours while open, but the campground, obstacle course and mud pit close at midnight. If you wheel later than midnight you will have to park your rig outside the gates/fence and walk in. The gates will be locked at midnight and reopened at 6am. Quite time for the campground is from 12:00am to 6:00am. On the last day of the weekend we close at dusk.
- The Ranch staff will make no recovery's after dark. If you are broke down or stuck you will have to wait till the next morning to be recovered.
- Excessive speed and reckless driving is not permitted. Please follow posted speed limit signs.
- All operators of Off-Road Vehicles must have a valid driver's license or under the supervision of a parent/guardian with a valid license. These will be checked and left at the check-in/check-out desk in the front office until you exit the Ranch.
- All Off-Road Vehicle drivers and riders should follow the manufacturer's safe operating procedures. Please be sure that your ORV has the appropriate equipment needed to operate on the rough terrain in the Ranch.
- No person under the age of 18 will be allowed in the park with out parent/ guardian consent or operate a vehicle within the Ranch.
- Passengers are allowed in Vehicles, but must sign a Release and Waiver of Liability Form, and must also wear their seat belt at all times while in the vehicle.
- All Vehicles must have a fully enclosed metal cab and / or roll bar protection, functioning safety belts, working four wheel drive systems, frame mounted (not welded) tow hooks that are appropriately rated for the vehicle's weight for recovery purposes, and must be in good and safe mechanical operating condition.
- Those under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian in the presence of a Ranch staff member. Parent / legal guardian must closely supervise minors.
- All ATV and drivers are required to wear DOT-approved safety helmet, protective gear including, but not limited to those items listed by the manufacturer and the ATV Safety Institute are strongly recommended.
- Passengers are not allowed on ATVs unless the ATV is equipped for it.
- Be courteous of other drivers and Ranch Staff on and off the trails.
- Failure to comply with the above rules, regulations and safe operating procedures can result in your being temporarily or permanently banned from using the Ranch or participating in any future park activity or event. No refund of any monies will be given.
- The Ranch is neither liable or responsible for damage, loss, or theft of personal property or injury to visitors.
- NO off site fire wood allowed!. Please either buy some here at the ranch ( large bundles with pine to get the fire going for 5$ a bundle ) or bring your chain saw to cut the dead stuff that is down all over the park due to it being logged before we purchased the land. Just ask in the office where the best place to get/cut fire wood at. This rule is so no outside foreign moths or beadles will infect our regrowing forest.
New Night Wheeling Rule Will Go Into Effect April 1st
Starting April 1st the Trails will be shut down (CLOSED) between Midnight and 7am. You must be back in the campground by Midnight. The gates to the trails will be locked 10 minutes after midnight!!
If you have a broken down rig and you’re not going to make the midnight shut down time, leave the rig where it’s at, take all valuables with you, ride back with someone in your group, and we will recover or repair your rig the next morning. If you are wheeling by yourself, walk back if close enough or call me at (417) 773-4084 and I’ll pick you up and repair or recover your rig the next morning!
There will be only one reminder of this RULE!! All Ranch Privilege’s will be revoked after the ONE reminder with no refund for remaining time!
Thanks for everyone’s cooperation!!
Brandon J Powell
Last Updated ( Monday, 28 January 2013 )